2 Days / 1 Night
A program that focuses solely on Chimborazo hiking. Requirement for Chimborazo is previous experience in high altitude glacier climbing (example Cotopaxi, Mont Blanc, etc) and crampon use. A proper acclimatization is important.
Day 1: Chimborazo high camp
We pick you up in Quito to Ambato where we have lunch (not included). The we head to Chimborazo Preserve up to the first hut of Chimborazo where we leave our car. From here we hike up with our personal belongings to the high camp located at 5300m (around 2 hours). We rest, have dinner and head out for the summit by midnight. A steep climb awaits us.
Accommodation: Chimborazo High Camp (shared domes)
Day 2: Summit – Quito
Our adventure begins before midnight with breakfast before heading out for the closest point to the sun. Chimborazo’s summit will be waiting for us with dawn, to observe one of nature’s beauty, the Andean sunrise. Finally, we will descend to our camp, gather our personal belongings and hike down to find our vehicles, and the journey back to Quito.
|USD Double Room||1 Person||2 Guests|
Rate applies for deposit or bank wire payment. Payment with Visa or MasterCard in our online system has 5% surcharge.
- Local certified English/Spanish-speaking mountain guide (1 per 2 guests)
- Accommodation mentioned above
- Private transportation
- Meals mentioned in program above
- Transportation, Accommodations, meals for guide/driver
- High camp includes: tents are ready to be used (guests don´t carry tents) and full service of meals as per program above.
- Soft and alcoholic beverages, personal hydration for ascents.
- Extras and services not mentioned above
- Tips and gratuities
- Glacier, climbing and trekking/camping gear (we can assist with the rental)
- Taxes 12% VAT if invoiced to Ecuadorian company or guest
- Porterage of personal gear $60 per 20 kilos PER way.
- Rate applies for deposit or bank wire payment. Payment with Visa or MasterCard in our online system has 5% surcharge.
Full prepayment is required 30 days’ prior guests’ arrival to confirm services.
We accept MasterCard and Visa via our online secure payment system. We accept payments through bank wire without surcharge. Checks not accepted.
Cancellations must be notified at least 15 days prior to the date of guests’ arrival. If notification is received in less than 14 days’ prior arrival, no refund applies. Refund of the prepayment will be upon agency´s discretion and cancellation motive.
Security and health are a priority in our programs. If weather and mountain conditions are not safe/optimal or if guests are not in a good health condition, the guide and agency reserve the right to modify itineraries.