Ecuador CAYAMBE 2d/1n
Day 1: Cayambe refuge 4600 m
Today we head to the Cayambe volcano, the third highest mountain in Ecuador after the Chimborazo and the Cotopaxi. We will drive to the Oleas refuge (4600 m). Here we will get accommodation and enjoy the spectacular view over the Ecuadorian highlands. Food will be served at the refuge and we will spend the night here.
Accommodation: Refuge Oleas Meals: dinner
Day 2: Cayambe 5790 m
Our ascension will begin at midnight. The Cayambe ascension is not of a technical type, it consists in crossing some crevasses and being in a good health condition. We reach the peak early in the morning where a spectacular view will be presented in front of us. For the ascension and back we will need around 9-10 hours. Then we head back to Quito.
Meals: box lunch breakfast (ascent)
|USD Double Room||1 Person||2 Guests|
Kindly note mountain refuges have shared rooms with cots. Shared bathrooms.
Rate applies for deposit or bank wire payment. Payment with Visa or MasterCard in our online system has 5% surcharge.
- Local certified English/Spanish-speaking mountain guide
- Accommodation mentioned above
- Private transportation
- Meals mentioned in program above
- Transportation, Accommodations, meals for guide/driver
- Soft and alcoholic beverages
- Extras and services not mentioned above
- Tips and gratuity
- Additional Glacier, climbing and trekking gear (we can assist with the rental)
- Taxes 14% VAT if invoiced to Ecuadorian company or guest
- Rate applies for deposit or bank wire payment. Payment with Visa or MasterCard in our online system has 5% surcharge.
Full prepayment is required 30 days’ prior guests’ arrival to confirm services.
We accept MasterCard and Visa via our online secure payment system. We accept payments through bank wire without surcharge. Checks not accepted.
Cancellations must be notified at least 15 days prior to the date of guests’ arrival. If notification is received in less than 14 days’ prior arrival, no refund applies. Refund of the prepayment will be upon agency´s discretion and cancellation motive.
Security and health are a priority in our programs. If weather and mountain conditions are not safe/optimal or if guests are not in a good health condition, the guide and agency reserve the right to modify itineraries.